Wednesday, September 20, 2006

As a Man Thinks, So is He......


I have been listening to Dr. Wayne Dyer's CDs lately. I find him to be a very sincere guy. I also find what he has to say intriguing to say the least. By the sound of his presentations, he could definitely be described as a universalist. I find his ideas to be sensible and to address universal human problems and dilemmas, and they contain constant references to scripture and Christ as well as other philosophies and religious leaders. He seems to think there is a universality to God (easy enough to believe) and every man and woman can Him find no matter what his or her theology or philosophy. I find this refreshing in today's disjointed, fragmented world of theologies/religions that hate one another under the same banner, "Our God is the only God". Dyer's CDs are something I will explore more deeply, letting the Spirit lead me as He will. What do you think?.................................

5 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger bruced said...

I like his stuff. I watch him a lot when he's on PBS. He talks about getting connected to the source of your life (God), and has some pretty good advice about living life in general. Smart guy. Rich too!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger SteveW said...

I'm not familiar with him. When is he on?

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Don said...

Steve-
Any good bookstore will have his books and CDs. Amazon has all his stuff. He definately universalist, and I think very God/Christ centered, but to appeal to all people, he draws from a lot of different philosophies, especially Eastern philosophy. I think he's worth a look-see if you like his approach and ideas.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Don said...

Steve-
P.S. Google Dr. Wayne Dyer and you find his homepage with schedules of appearances on PBS and on tour.

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger SteveW said...

OK thanks Don. I'll check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home