Monday, October 02, 2006

Are We in the Midst of a Revolution?


I have been a believer in universal reconciliation for almost two years now. As the Spirit leads me deeper into truth, it appears to me that there is a revolution going on at present or standing in the wings about to take the stage. My Heart says YES,my soul cries YES. The changes I have seen in myself, in my attitude toward others, and in my attitude toward religion in general say YES. Now I have been around long enough to know that often when we are in the middle of a new thought, concept, philosophy, or idea, it seems like the whole world is beginning to feel the same things you do. I also know that often that is not the reality. So, I would like to ask you, my brothers and sisters, to comment about this subject after careful consideration. It is sometimes very difficult to stand outside of yourself and objectively view the situation. Are we in the midst of a revolution in the way the world views God and Christ and our relationship to Them? Or, is this going to be a slow, person by person change in the general attitude of our relationship to God the Father and His son, Christ Jesus?

3 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger chaplainroy said...

Don,

We are most definitely in the beginning of a "revelation revolution". I believe the Holy Spirit is causing Christians to have questions about their religious dogmas and pat answers.
The war with religious fanatics, world hunger, domestic violence everywhere, megachurches, TV preachers, etc. have raised the question once more.....how can a loving God let so many innocent un-churched people die as He looks upon sin everywhere. How can His mercy endure forever at the same time He "can't look upon sin and must burn it for eternity??

In my ministry as a non-denominational chaplain, I have found many people who are delighted when I share with them the un-conditional, eternal LOVE of God. Many have rejected God because of the "bi-polar" dogma that seems to describe Him.

Yes, the movement is gaining as those in the medical and social work fields gain the courage to say what they have believed for a long time.....Jesus loves all the children of the world and their parents also.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Chris Ledgerwood said...

Amen!!!!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger SteveW said...

Amen from me too.
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home