Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Heretics, Inc;


Last night was a defining moment in my search for truth and freedom in Christ. Chaplain Roy and I met with George (Howell), Melting Paradigms for dinner in Dallas. What an experience! I had Geo all to myself for about an hour before Chaplain Roy arrived. Geo and I discovered how much our journeys parallel. We talked about the freedom we have found that cannot be taken away. I found Geo to be so accepting and loving of his fellow man. His insights are fantastic and I will certainly benefit from all of them. Words just can't express the joy that filled me as we talked and shared our lives and experiences. I can't wait for Geo's next trip to Texas. If you ever have the chance to meet Geo, DO NOT MISS IT! Bruce, SteveW, I envy you greatly!!

6 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger SteveW said...

Hi Don. I knew what was about to happen when you planned to meet with George.....the same thing that happens every time that I get together with George.

LIFE happens. The life that is in Jesus flows from George and although he can sometimes be as outspoken and confounding as is his (and our) Lord, you always go away encouraged by an unpretentious love and wanting to better understand some of those confounding statements.

Yep, Bruce and I are lucky guys and I am the luckiest because I get to be with them both quite frequently. I look forward to a day in the near future when I can share in your LIFE as well for a while.
;-)

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Don,
The check is in the mail! hahaha!
Man you are such a wonderful person! The freedom I felt last night is the same that happens everytime me, Bruce and Steve get together! Now about that Convention! hahaha!
Love man and I can't wait ubtil my next Dallas trip or your First Pittsburgh trip!

Peace
Geo

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,
When you get to meet this guy you will NEVER be the same again! Don understands the Gospel of Peace so well! Shit! let's all move to the same area and start a commune! hahaha!
Love you!

Peace
Geo

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger bruced said...

I'm jealous!

Maybe next time I'll stow away in Geo's work van. What could be better than great friends and BBQ? Not much, for sure!

 
At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bruce wrote:
What could be better than great friends and BBQ? Not much, for sure!


Hey Bruce,
J.A.B.
Just Add Beer!
hahaha!

Peace
Geo

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Trailady said...

Sounds like you had a great visit- glad to hear it. We need to support and encourage one another in this journey. There are so many voices of condemnation out there in churchianity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home